Monday, April 28, 2014

What I learned about the Deep Fried Weekend

I love deep fried food, it is delicious. Crispy. Juicy. Just pure awesome. 

The last mountains trip in September 2013, we decided to do a deep fried weekend. Ease off the grill and deep fry our meals. What a great idea. I stocked up on some deliciousness over the next few months waiting for day that deep fried mountains would come. 

Well this past weekend, it happened. Here are a few pictures for you to gaze upon.


Mozzarella Sticks, chicken tenders and corn dogs.

Deep frying some chicken wings.

Deep fried desserts, oreos and candy bars.
Look at the food. Awesome right??

Well it was really, but like one day of it, not deep frying for 3 days. Sure it's really good, but too much grease over that time.

Deep fried oreos are great, first time I've had one and if you ever have the chance, do it. It's worth having once.

I found a really awesome and easy funnel cake mix. Here you go.

The oil has to be hot, like all the time, or the food will take longer to cook and taste like oil. I'm sure that's not good for the arteries at all.

Also, items that are composed mostly water say like tater tots. When they hit the hot oil, the oil will go everywhere, like maybe your hand, and then it will bubble up a few hours later. Not fun.

This will never happen again, I can promise you that.

No comments: